Rome Pre-Owned: Tips for Cleaning Car Windows Without Streaks
Nothing is more irritating than a hazy or a dirty car windshield especially when you are driving. For many car owners cleaning car windows without streaks remains a difficult feat. If you are one of them, follow our tips for cleaning windows without streaks.
Reasons for Streaks on Car’s Window
The main cause of streaks on the car's window is the evaporation rate. When you wash the car under the sun, the cleaning solution applied on the window evaporates fast leaving behind a fine residue that appears as streaks. A simple way to avoid streaks on the car's window is by cleaning the car's window and windshield in shade. Before starting the windows cleaning, park your car in the shade andthen start the cleaning process.
What You Will Need?
You will need a few cleaning supplies to clean your car's windows and windshield. Some of the things you will need are
· A bunch of soft, lint-free microfiber rags
· A few surgical towels
· White vinegar
· Rubbing alcohol
· Glass cleaner recommended for auto cleaning
Windows Cleaning Recipe
Take one cup of distilled water, one cup of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), two tablespoons of white vinegar and a plastic spray bottle for mixing the ingredients. Pour these ingredients one by one in the empty spray bottle and shake the bottle well to mix the ingredients well.
Method to Follow
· Start by cleaning the interior side of the window and windshield.Take one clean microfiber rag and wipe the window from top to bottom. This will remove any loose dirt sticking to the glass.
· Take another rag and dip one portion of the rag in isopropyl alcohol and wipe the window with the wetted portion. If you live in a coastalarea, you need to use white vinegar instead of isopropyl alcohol to dissolve sea salt on the windows and windshield.
· Lastly, take a surgical towel and spray the glass cleaning solution you prepared early. Make sure you spray a generous amount of glass cleaning solution on the surgical towel. Wipe the window from top to bottom. Rub the window surface in a circular motion to remove all spots. Apply some pressure on the surface while cleaning the window.
·Roll down the window to wipe clean the top of the glass window.
·Next, take a microfiber rag and wipe the window with vertical strokes followed by horizontal strokes.
Follow the above method to clean all windows one by one. After cleaning the interior side of windows, you need to also clean the exterior side of windows.
Tips for Cleaning the Windshield
Wash the exterior side of the windshield before cleaning the interior side of the windshield. Wash the exterior side of the windshield with water first and then wipe it dry with a microfiber towel. Spray the solution on the surgical towel and wipe the windshield in an up-and-down motion followed by a side-to-side motion.
Keeping the car's windows and the windshield is a necessity and an important part of car care. It not only improves the visual aesthetics of your car but also gives you a clear view of the road ahead.