1. Spacious Interior: Most people who choose an SUV — even a compact one — are looking for plenty of space. The Ford Escape meets this need, with more cargo and passenger space than most other SUVs in the class. The Escape has just over 34 cubic feet of passenger space, and 68 cubic feet when the rear seats are folded down. Rear passengers also have more than 37 inches of leg room, giving them plenty of space to stretch out.
2. Fun To Drive: Since SUVs are larger than cars, they can sometimes feel sluggish to drive. Not so for the Ford Escape. The Escape comes with a standard 179-horsepower 1.5-liter engine, which is small but gives it plenty of power.
3. Inexpensive to Own: Because Fords are plentiful, replacements parts are cheap and easy to find if needed. Add to that the Escape’s decent fuel economy (23-30 MPG) that will save you at the pump every week, and you’ll be squirreling money away over the years that you own an Escape.
4. Reliability: J.D. Power gave the 2017 Ford Escape a reliability rating of 4 out of 5, well above the average ranking of 3 out of 5. Knowing that the Escape will be there when you need it will set your mind at ease.
5. Great for Towing. The Escape comes with front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive options, so it’s good for people who occasionally go off-road or who live in snowy climates. The Escape is also a good fit for people who like to bring their toys. With 3,500 pounds of towing capacity (when properly equipped), the Escape can tow a small boat or teardrop trailer.